Steven D. Petersen offers over 30 years experience in interior wood finishing projects.
An essential part of a successful project is the Sample Process.
- Retain examples of all old (existing, demo-ed) and new wood in the project
- Listen to customer / designer / architect needs and aesthetic preferences
- Develop formulations, techniques, and processes to meet the customer's goals
- Finish the customer's wood sample and return for approval
- Get feedback/interact to refine the finish (hue, depth, wood preparation techniques, other creative solutions)
- Customer chooses the sample (signs and dates) approving the process described on individual label
Approved finishing systems can be applied by a contractor of your choice, when we have determined the precise formulation and processes for your project. Or, Steven D. Petersen can perform the finishing on-site or in some instances off-site.
To see the results of the sample process, please browse portfolio of Restoration, New Construction & Remodel, and Specialty Finishes.